The standard Roulette bets include single numbers, black or red colours, even or odd numbers, or ranges of numbers. The table minimum bets refer to the total number of your bets; NOT your individual bet. You may place as many bets as you wish on each spin. It is important to note that Roulette bets are either Inside Bets or Outside Bets. Below are charts which show the Payoffs and Odds of each type of Roulette wager.
- Outside Bets include:
- Column Bets. The odds of hitting column numbers are 38:12. The payoff is 2:1. The column numbers are divided into 3 different columns as follows:
- Column 1 includes the numbers 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, 25, 28, 31, and 34.
- Column 2 includes the numbers 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26, 29, 32, and 35.
- Column 3 includes the numbers 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27, 30, 33, and 36.
- Dozen Bets. These are also referred to as First 12 bets, Second 12 bets, and Third 12 bets. First 12 bets are bets on numbers 1 – 12. Second 12 bets are bets that the second set of 12 numbers (13 – 24) will hit. Third 12 bets are those bets placed on the 3rd set of 12 numbers (15 – 36). All Dozen Bets pay 2:1 and the odds of hitting these numbers in any one spin are 38:18.
- Bets on Red or Black numbers. These types of bets will hit on the next spin and pay 1:1 or even money. The odds of hitting this bet are 38:18.
- Bets on Even or Odd numbers. A bet on either an odd or even number on the Roulette table. The likelihood that these colours will hit is 38:18 and pays even money. 0 and 00 numbers are not considered odd or even numbers.
- Low or High bets. These are also referred to as First 18 or Second 18 bets. First 18 bets are bets on numbers 1 – 18. Second 18 bets are bets that the second set of 18 numbers will hit. All Low and High Bets pay even money. The odds that they will hit are 38:18.
- Inside Bets include:
- Straight Up Bets. These bets are very hard to win and refer to bets on any one number on the Roulette wheel. If the ball lands in the slot that corresponds with this number, you win. If it lands in any other slot, you lose. The odds of winning this type of bet are 38:1. They payoff is 35:1.
- Split Bets. Any one bet on 2 different numbers. To accomplish this, you must place your chip on the line between the 2 numbers on which you wish to bet. The Payoff is 17:1
- Street Bets. Also referred to as a Line Bet, this is a bet on 3 numbers in one row. To accomplish this, you place your chip on the far line of the highest number in the row. If the ball lands on any one of the 3 numbers your payoff is 11:1. The odds of winning this bet are 38:3.
- Corner Bets. Also known as 4 Number bets, this is a bet on 4 numbers. Place your chip in the intersection of any 4 numbers. If the ball lands on any of the 4 numbers, your Payoff is 8:1; the odds are 38:4.
- 5 Number Bets. This is a bet on 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3. The payoff is 6:1 and it is the worst possible bet you can make in Roulette. To make this bet, you must place the chip between the numbers 1 and 0 and covers numbers 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3. You win if the ball lands on any one of these numbers. The odds are 38:5.
- Line Bets. A bet on six numbers. The chip is placed on the edge of two three-number “mini-columns” (called a line). The payoff is 5:1 and the odds are 38:6.
European Roulette offers the en prison or ‘Surrender’ rule. If you place an even money bet and the ball lands on 0, you have the option of surrendering the bet and getting half of your bet back. Yu may also imprison the bet in which instance you may get the full amount of your bet back without any winnings should the ‘imprisoned’ bet hit. Using the surrender rule reduces the house advantage significantly on even money bets.
Next on the Agenda are Roulette Strategies that, if executed properly, will surely stretch your dollars.