Proficient Video Poker play involves not only strategy but also basic common sense. Here are some fundamentally important tips to keep in mind.
1. Remember to ‘Hold’ cards that constitute a prime winning hand. Because it is so easy to get caught up in the moment, you may forget to ‘Hold’ your winning cards. As silly as it may seem, you would be surprised to know how often Players lose winning hands in this fashion, and the next press of the Deal button results in a losing hand.
2. On Jacks or Better Video Poker games:
- It is best to play on those machines where the payout is 99.5%
- The best payout machines are those that offer 9 coins for a Full House and 6 coins for a Flush under the 1 credit line.
- Machines that pay out 8 coins for a Full House and 6 coins for a Flush are 5% less profitable that 9/6 machines (see bullet point immediately above for 9/6 definition).
- Kings, Queens, and Jacks are better cards than Aces because you are more likely to get these card combinations to make up a Straight than you would an Ace.
3. On Bonus and Progressive Video Poker games:
- Do not play the progressive machines unless the Jackpot is high. It is more likely that you will hit a high jackpot.
- Do not play the progressives unless you have a high bankroll. Be sure to create a budget before playing.
- Play the machines that pay 10 coins for a Full House and 7 coins for a Flush under the 1 credit line for Bonus Video Poker games.
4. On Deuces Wild Video Poker games:
- You will discard all 5 dealt cards at least 20% of the time.
- Play on those machines that pay 9 coins for a Straight Flush and 5 for Four of a Kind
5. On Jokers Wild Video Poker games:
- Attempt a Straight Flush with a Wild Card when possible as this has a higher return rate
- Play on those machines that pay 7 coins for a Full House and 5 coins for a Flush under the 1 credit line.
6. Play 10d 8h Jc 10s 9h as a low pair instead of a possible Straight, as it is more likely for you to get Three of a Kind on the next draw than a Straight. Refer to the Pay Table for probabilities and percentages.
7. Go for the Royal Flush even if you have a Straight such as Ad Kc Qd Jd 10d. A payout on the maximum credit line for a Straight is only 20 coins but a maximum payout on a Royal Flush is 4,000 coins. Which would you rather?
8. With a hand that contains 4h 4d Qc Ad 6s, you should only hold the low pair. Do not hold a kicker, as you will reduce your chances of getting better paying hands such as Three of a Kind, Four of a Kind, or even Two Pair.
9. With a hand that contains 2d Qd As 8c Jc, you should only hold the Queen and the Jack but not the unsuited Ace. It makes more sense not to hold 3 unsuited cards especially if there is a gap.
Or if you are looking for a german poker site then checkout Pokern.com